Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's party!"*


Okay, I know you shouldn’t wish my life away but I am so over the UK winter – yes, I am perfectly aware that it has been one of the driest and warmest on record, but it is dark by mid afternoon and we’ve had at least one day of widespread chaos caused by a few flakes of the wrong type of snow. I have also been ‘full of the cold’ over the past few weeks (unpleasant to see and hear) and now I just want spring to arrive. Just so you can start your countdown, there’s only 31 days to go until the official first day of spring (so we’ll either be under seventeen feet of snow or basking in balmy Mediterranean temperatures – your guess is as good as mine…) and I can’t wait to see the crocus and daffodils stating to come through again… (as they did make a brief appearance in December). So, to make me feel better for the next month or so, I have decided I am going to pretend that spring has sprung and inject some colour into my life…

When thinking about colours for your interior you can draw inspiration from anywhere and everywhere – for instance, I love this image of spring flowers – an image that provides the basis for the colour scheme in the interior below…

Remember, concept images can be used very effectively as a guide for combinations of colours that are guaranteed to work successfully together… and if you find these images on the WorldwideInterweb, they are colour schemes that you can get your hands on for absolutely zero earth pounds…

(Images from Style me pretty and Houzz)

So go on. give it a go –with London Fashion Week in full swing there are designer concept images everywhere – search for the images that you love, images that add an injection of spring colours to your life, and consider whether you could use a new colour pallet in your home… T-minus 31 days and counting…

*Robin Williams

Comments

Popular Posts